Sunday, December 7, 2008

i'm as cold as ice

I figured it out! I'm convinced that my slight writer's block is probably, most definitely tied to my overwhelmingly overbearing lack of body temperature regulation!! Yes, it's possible I'm just complaining, but it really is abnormal how cold I get - and it's really abnormal how it's always on my mind when I'm at home sitting in front of the computer. Many of you are already well-aware of that ;) My propensity for feeling chilled to the bone is worse in Shanghai, where central heating doesn't really exist, or at least it doesn't really work. Which leads me to chronicle all the things I can do to get warm. And then to contemplate the effects...eek.

~ taking really hot showers = super clean Kimmy. That's good!
~ drinking tons and tons of tea = oh shoot, I'm really worried now. What if I'm immune to caffeine forever!?! Please don't let it be true, otherwise I'll never survive New York City again.
~ taking long, fast-paced walks = good exercise, but seriously, not nearly enough. I'm hoping it re-introduces the idea of blood circulation to my body. Still waiting on that one.
~ wearing a hat indoors = looking like an idiot to me, myself, and I. I'll take it.
Look it ~ hot pink zippers! I love this hat!
~ having noodle soup for lunch = how can that be bad...besides the very apparent lack of vegetables?
~ going running around noon when the sun is the warmest = feels great when I do it, but it takes such willpower, and the following is oh so appealing...

~ sleeping/napping under nice, warm covers wherever the sun streams in through the window = me getting really good at telling time when I wake up! Sun right in my eyes = 8, 9ish on the weekends. Sun coming in through the living room window = 1, 2ish - go nap in there after a morning of classes. Ahhh. There's nothin' better than that.

If you weren't convinced before, you may now think that I am completely neurotic. But I can't afford to be as lazy as this list may lead you to believe. Instead, it made me rethink my lifestyle! The running thing was working for a while a few months ago, and I plan on getting back into it. The hardest part is rallying; the easiest part is at the end of the run - ah, the comfort of warmth.

Or, I just realized. I need to go out and buy a space heater.

Love,
Neurotic K

4 comments:

wynsters the tigress said...

neurotic kimmy? never that, never that!

wynsters the tigress said...

oh, and i love the hat too!

mskimberlytan said...

haha i can always count on wynsters for support!

christopher goodney said...

sorry beautiful, its kinda my job to be keepin you warm.. lemme see what there is i can do about it.. im on it like white on rice.. unless its brown rice. what would u possible keep in a hat pocket anyway?