I couldn't help but smile when I got home after a long day and was greeted by the handiwork of Santa's elves in the hotel foyer:

Nice job, Chinese elves...haha.
Turtles usually live here, but I think they've probably jumped ship since the installation of eternal fluorescent daylight.
. No matter how tacky the decorations (I mean, this tree pretty much blocks the entire entrance), and the fact that I don't celebrate Christmas as a truly religious holiday (something I realized with startling clarity), the gesture was sincerely appreciated. It was nice to see the school's acknowledgment and acceptance of other people's cultures and customs, and it was nice to see a little taste of home in a place so far away from it.
Did I mention they play Christmas music in the subways here? If that doesn't tell me it's that time of year, I don't know what would...
3 comments:
what the hell do you mean you dont celebrate christmas truly... better not let santa hear shit like that er someones gettin a few lumps of sumtin in their stocking this year.
lei-lei-lei-lei! this is a curse-free blog, mister!!
what i mean is...the last time i went to xmas mass was something like 7 years ago. but i guess i celebrate it enough to know that i DON'T want coal in my stockings!!
a curse free blog?? egads!!
well then, in the future, i must refrain from utilizing such terms as "fuck, i miss me some tough tan..." or "shit, can't wait to see you in january!" or my personal favorite "holy fucking shit, is it already christmas time?? where DID the year go??"
hahaha
miss you? and love you? :-)
Post a Comment