Nope, today was reaaaaaally not fun after I did my grades and gave out 3 F's, 3 D's, and 4 C-'s. All of which add up to TEN failing grades in a class of TWENTY FOUR.
Boooo.
And I'm not boo-ing me! I'm boo-ing my lazy-ass students, most of which have great potential but can't understand that good attendance alone can keep them from failing. Did I forget to mention that the department I work in is actually the Test Training Center of Shanghai International Studies University? That's right, you recognize the words test prep in that, don't you? Yeahhhh. Who can blame them for their lack of enthusiasm?
These students are here for one semester, two at the most. Some are young, here because of their parents, to prep for English proficiency exams they must pass before going abroad (from what I've seen, many of these kids are stayin' here on the mainland...) Other students are older, here to learn English for the sake of learning English or for doing business. (These are the ones I like!)
What all of this means is that the training center is not officially part of the four-year college whose name we bear. And so these students have no commitment to the school, since it's not their alma mater. *sigh* And that's why they could really care less about one D in one test prep course.
Boooo.
On the bright side, when all this is said and done --- 5-week vacation coming up in T minus 2 days!!!! Sadly, I will not be going home to NY/NJ; that will have to wait til May. Still finalizing plans for the next couple weeks, so keep ya posted...
Besos y abrazos.........K
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oye!!! that is disheartening... but don't take it to personal... just think.. u'll be off in xyz in the southeast in a matter of days!!!... away from this dreadful rain!!!
Post a Comment