Saturday, February 21, 2009

back to basics

I literally just spent all day planning for a kindergarten class that I'll be teaching starting tomorrow. That's right, this semester is exnae (sp?) on the Fridays off :( Doh! And exnae on the sleeping in on Saturday, now that this tutoring group has come up. Ugh, it does take some getting used to...

But you know what? After all the sacrifices, and the hours of looking at children's songs, books, clipart (haha, I kid you not), and especially after coloring in posters and stuff for tomorrow, I actually felt kinda good. No, I felt really good. As Mr. Polo and Ms. Forman know, I don't often welcome all that color and cutesy stuff into my elementary classroom. But after being away from it for a while, I've finally realized, it's not all that bad, is it?

It was a moment of nostalgia for me, and at the same time, a moment to say to myself, truthfully: Wow, I really like my job.


Now would be a good time to head to bed. 晚安。

No comments: